24 hours, my ass

Wed Jul-13th-2005 // Filed under: Word Balloons

So, I went and did me a comic — 24 pages of goodness. I started working on this thing… well, way too long ago, really, but now it’s pretty much finished.

It’s there waiting for people to read it, so go ahead and check out Balloon Dreams. Doing it was not only a great learning experience but also a lot of fun. Everyone should do a 24 hour comic, even if — particularly if you don’t really know how to draw. Go ahead, give it a shot.

I feel an overpowering urge to throw in all sorts of disclaimers about its quality. It’s a little annoying to realize that for a guy who writes for a living, I’m kinda bad at sharing some of the things I do with the world at large; the writing I feel comfortable with, but the art — ahh, what the hell… you’re all grown up, you can handle it.

1. Mikki, se rokkaa. Oikeasti. Taide on mitä on, mutta olen nähnyt “pro” sarjakuvataidetta joka on myöskin vähän mitä on – sinun piirrosjälki on “good enough to get the job done”. Ja tarina sai minut hymyilemään (puhumattakaan erinäisistä ropeskenarioista). Kewl.

Comment by Orava — July 13, 2005 @ 1121249178

2. Kuuntele Oravaa, se on fiksu, tässäkin asiassa. Hieno sarjakuva.

Comment by Janka — July 13, 2005 @ 1121256454

3. I’ve commented the sequential art to Mikki, so I’ll just use this space to echo his sentiments on the 24-hour thing. It is fun. Especially when you do it with somebody else going through the same thing.

Comment by Mike Pohjola — July 13, 2005 @ 1121257245

4. I like it, a lot. It starts out very simplistic, almost naive – but turns into something sinister, and the ending is quite a suitable shock. Please make more.

After seeing this, combined with Geek Savant’s comicblog (and especially the discovery of Comic Life software) I feel like doing something too. Me, a casual comic fan. Now the only thing I need to do is find some time between work and yoga, and that doesn’t seem to be trivial. Damn you work.

Comment by kolibri — July 13, 2005 @ 1121295698

5. Like I told you earlier, I really, really like it. With second reading even more. And stop whining about the art! ;-) You have a personal style already.

Do more! :-)

Comment by Sarrig — July 14, 2005 @ 1121345687

6. Hello, it’s very good site too: didrex consultation free sale , didrex one month supplies http://yakormnevjopu.dynodns.net/didrex/didrex__consultation_free_sale.html

Comment by cheap Sprmamax — February 2, 2006 @ 1138885430